A comprehensive building information modeling (BIM) solution for architectural design and documentation.
With an intuitive user interface, extensive libraries of building components, and powerful tools for modeling,drafting, and reporting, Bentley Architecture supports all phases of the architectural workflow, from conceptual design to construction documentation. Integrating design, visualization, drawing production, and reporting,Bentley Architecture is part of Bentley’s BIM solution of integrated design, engineering, and management applications for the entire lifecycle of constructed assets. Used on large and complex projects around the world,Bentley Architecture was specifically developed to support workgroups and distributed teams in a managed environment, allowing architects, engineers, and contractors to build as one.
BIM enables business-critical benefits over traditional computer-aided drafting (CAD), eliminates waste, significantly reduces errors and omissions, provides greater predictability of costs and performance, allows exploration of more design options, and ultimately results in better buildings.
Bentley’s unifying technology platform and discipline-specific applications for the AEC industry, include:
6.Bentley Building Mechanical Systems
7.Bentley Building Electrical Systems
13.Site Design Solutions
Building information modeling
- Comprehensive and dedicated tools for every type of building component.
- Parametric, dimension-driven creation and modification of building components
- User-definable attribute schemas (property sets) for any type of building object
- Inherent component attributes and properties significant for design ,
documentation,analysis, construction, and operations.
- Embedded parameters, rules and constraints to capture design intent.
- Relationships and associativity between architectural elements for rapid design
- Flood-option for automatic generation of spaces, floors and ceiling slabs.
- Automated placement of finishes to walls and columns .
- Suspended ceiling tools with space height detection option .
- Terrain modeling, roof and stair builder tools .
- Support for international steel section tables.
- Powerful solid modeling for easy creation of virtually any form .
- Double-curved surfaces and solids for accurate construction information and smooth rendering.
Ease of Use
- Work in plan, elevation, isometric, or perspective view .
- AccuDraw function .
- Choice to work in 2D plans, 3D models, or both – with a single set of tools.
- Storage of ‘most recently used’ input.
- Enforcement of national, corporate, and project standards .
- Multiple filtering options, e.g. by level, by symbology, by attribute,by selection set, etc.
- Customizable interface and workspaces .
- Floor management tool for floors and floor reference planes.
- On-line help.
- Creation of coordinated floor plans, sections, and elevations .
- Automatic coordination of architectural design and construction documentation.
- Automatic re-symbolization of 3D objects to 2D symbols.
- Material-dependent hatching/patterning, annotation, and dimensioning.
- User-definable labeling of building objects and spaces .
- Incremental doors and window numbering .
- Room and component schedules, quantity and cost calculation, specifications .
- Compatibility with office automation tools for further processing and formatting.
Design visualization and 3D output
- High-end integrated rendering and animation tools, including radiosity and particle tracing.
- Export to STL to support rapid model making and prototyping with 3D printers, laser cutters, and stereo lithography machines .
- Support of 3D Web formats, such as VRML, QuickVision, panoramas .
- Publish Bentley Architecture models to the Google Earth environment.
Support of 3D within Adobe PDF
- Creation of Adobe PDF documents directly from Bentley Architecture with embedded 3D navigational models.
- Include DGN and DWG drawings, project documents, renderings, and interactive and animated 3D models .
- Navigate models in PDF using hyperlinks and bookmarks.
Support of international and custom standards
- Create, manage, verify, and enforce company and project standards .
- Support for U.S. and other national CAD standards .
- Support of DGN, DWG, DXF, PDF, STEP, IGES, STL, and other major industry standards.
- Import/export of IFC 2x, the emerging standards for sharing building information.
- Viewing of ADT multi-view blocks.
Interoperability with building engineering, analysis and facilities management
- Full integration with Bentley Structural, Bentley Building Mechanical Systems, Bentley Building Electrical Systems, Bentley Facilities, and more.
- A shared multi-disciplinary model for team collaboration and coordination .
- Interference detection across multiple files and disciplines in conjunction with Bentley Interference Manager.
- Simulation of construction schedules in conjunction with Bentley Navigator and project management applications, such as Microsoft® Project or Primavera® P3.